— Our editors review and recommend products to help you buy the stuff you need. If you make a purchase by clicking one of our links, we may earn a small share of the revenue. However, our picks and opinions are independent from USA Today’s newsroom and any business incentives.
Shopping is always better on the weekend. You have more free time and if you don’t want to leave your bed, you can still online shop for your favorite products. Each and every day Amazon has deals and price drops and we use price tracking tools to make sure these deals are actually good and aren’t just a good deal on a terrible product. Today I found great prices for our favorite cooking products, tax software, and TVs and you’ll probably want to check them out to save a few bucks.
1. Our favorite electric kettle
Nothing warms me up in the winter more than a steamy cup of tea. But since I’m impatient, I only boil my water with an electric kettle because it’s so much faster than boiling water on the stove. This one from Cuisinart is the best electric kettle we’ve ever tested because it beeps when it’s ready, it has multiple preset temperature options, the viewing window lights up so you can see how much water is there, and it gets things hot super fast. We’ve seen it at a lower price last year, but it’s dropped down to one of it’s lowest prices of 2019, making it a great time to buy if you wanted one anyway.
2. String lights to set the mood
Nothing adds sparkle to a room quite like string lights. You can string them above your bed for a nice glow instead of harsh overhead lights or use them as a decoration for your next party. These ones from TaoTronics are 33 feet long, come with a remote to control 10 brightness levels and three modes, and are waterproof, so you can even hang them outside. Right now, you can get a two-pack just $15 by clipping the coupon button below the price and using the code “N5B48JXZ.”
3. A smart robot vacuum to do your least favorite chore
Robot vacuums are great for keeping things tidy in between deeper cleanings, but they’re even better when they have smart capabilities. There’s nothing easier than pressing a button on your phone to set your bot to clean up before you get home. The Ecovacs Deebot N79S is one of our favorite smart robot vacuums and right now you can get $40 off with the code “KX8M6V8X.” We love this model because it has Alexa connectivity and you can control it from your phone at a reasonable price—even more so with this deal.
4. An incredible TV for the Super Bowl
Those of us who are really into sports want to watch the big game (i.e. the Super Bowl) on a television screen with the best viewing quality. Seriously, touchdowns and tackles look so much better in high-definition. The LG C8 OLED TV is the best TV we’ve ever tested and right now it’s discounted just in time for the Super Bowl. In our tests, we found that it has some of the best picture quality for its price point.
It’s still quite pricey but it’s not the most expensive LG OLED on the market. With this deal, it becomes slightly more affordable, which is perfected if you wanted to wow guests at your Super Bowl party or just wanted to upgrade your TV.
5. Tax software so you can get them done early
The new year means it’s time to start thinking about doing your taxes. I know, I know. No one wants to deal with taxes, but it’s just part of life. This year, instead of letting it eat away at your subconscious while you procrastinate until April, start early and save. Right now, you can get TurboTax software for $20-$45 off, whether you need something simple or something more complex. We put TurboTax, H&R Block, and Tax Act to the test last year and found that TurboTax’s software was the easiest to use, making it our top choice.
But what if you prefer H&R Block? Don’t worry. It happens to be on sale as well! Everything but the Basic software (which is only $20 anyway) is discounted for anywhere from $13 to $25 right now.
Other great deals on the internet
- All-Clad Cookware: The first Factory Seconds VIP Sale of 2019 is live until tomorrow. It’s a great chance to save big on high-end cookware that’ll last a lifetime. The catch? The cookware may be lightly damaged (but no more than you’d do to it in normal use).
- Brooklyn Bedding: Save 20% on all mattresses with the code “WINTER20” now through Jan. 29.
- DreamCloud Sleep: Save $200 on all mattresses.
- Houzz—Save up to 75% off best-selling bed and bathroom furniture and decor.
- HydroFlask—Save up to 25% on expiring colors of the Hydroflask, the best water bottle we’ve ever tested. Colors include flamingo, mint, blueberry, lava, and storm.
- Madewell—Save an extra 40% on sale styles now through Jan. 28 with the code “DOUBLEYAY.“
- Layla Sleep: Save $100 on a new mattress. Layla makes a very comfortable mattress that’s soft on one side and firmer on the other, which is great if you’re not sure what you prefer.
- Nectar Sleep: Save $125 on all mattresses and get two free memory foam pillows.
- Nordstrom—Save up to 50% on select apparel for men, women, and kids.
- RugsUSA—Take 50% off rugs with the code “JAN50.” This site is fantastic for affordable, quality rugs. They even have free, fast shipping.
- Sur La Table—Get up to 70% off your favorite cookware and kitchen products with the winter sale.
- Target—Take 25% off home products and 30% off rugs.
- Ulta—Get up to 50% popular skin care brands like Clinique, Exuviance, and more in the Love Your Skin sale.
- Wayfair—Save up to 70% on living room markdowns.
Prices are accurate at the time this article was published, but may change over time.
Read or Share this story: https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/reviewedcom/2019/01/26/these-5-best-amazon-deals-weekend/2687864002/